Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I am ok.....

Well first of all - a huge thanks goes out to all those who helped me get through my little "hiccup" last week - I soooooooo appreciate your support and kind words. Funny how times like this you see how many awesome friends you have out there! Sure makes you appreciate them so much more. :) But here are a few smiles that I got from my friends and around me:

1. Laura A offered to take me onto her team....now that was too cool. I so love her and her designs but didn't try out when she had a call. I have what AmyJo calls "layout anxiety." I stress out way too much when I have to make a layout as part of an application to be on a team. Actually I get that way too when I have to do one for the DeZine magazine at TDC - just freaks me out. And since it does, I think I just do what I can to get it out of my hair and of course - always lose out on the team spot and well, guessing won't make the cover of the DeZine either. But I am ok with it....and I think I broke that streak....but I can't say how yet....it's a secret....shhhhh. :)

2. I was lurk a lot at the new DST board and had to laugh when Michelle Adams told me there was a thread there talking about me. Of course, the paranoid me is thinking why??? What did I do...hehe. Well, a thread was started about whose layouts you admire and guess what??? Got a few mentions among the HUGE digiscrappers out there! I was really honored by that and too excited for words! Thanks Michelle for pointing that out to me! Through all of this - it has been nice to finally get a chance to *talk* to Michelle.....I have always admired her but we just kind of been crazy busy with our own lives.

3. I am loving the new girls added to Jan Crowley's team....they are so fun and just excited to be there....it is nice to see Jan excited again!

4. Rachael G has taken on a new mission to help me figure out this "how to get published" maze out there and has actually gotten me into submitting my layouts finally. Not sure where it will go but happy that I am finally doing it!

5. Some of my old DSP friends have been catching up with me - funny how I am happy when I see them....takes me back to that beginning time of all of this. Speaking of DSPer's - LauraKaye and I were at DSP together and then kind of saw each other around 2peas. Lynn's team kind of brought her more to my attention and well, what can I say??? I love her stuff. Well she wrote a thing on DST stating which designer she wished she could be on a team for and guess whose name was on it??? Andrea Burns and guess who told Andrea Burns about it??? Me! And guess who I am working with now??? LauraKaye....eeeeeee I am so excited!

There is more but I will end now.....got to go do some work....but feeling happy again....I would add a layout of two of something I have done but dang blogger won't let me...try later!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww - you know - I'm really enjoying getting to know you much better too, Darla! :)
And LOL on the layouts! I'm still on the fence wtih what I want to do and submitting - LOL! You both need to give me tips too. I've submitted once...
Have a great day, Darla!

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie!!! (((HUGE HUGS))) coming from germany!! and of course people would recognize your talent! you are one rockin chick!! :) what would we do without you?