Friday, July 28, 2006

Getting published.....finally!!!

Ok after succumbing to the peer pressure of Rachael G and the girls on Jan Crowley's team, I started submitting my layouts a couple weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, I got an email from Legacy magazine asking for my layout I did with Faith True's "Cool Linen" kit here:

Credits:- "Cool Linen" kit by Faith True- tab from "Days of Eden" kit by Val Fowler- heart charm from "Winter Wonderland" by Meryl Bartho- wordart from "Just Words - Dream" by Holly McCaig

Of course, Faith was just as excited when I told her.....and I guess she is going to kind of ignore that I haven't done as many layouts as I would hope to with her stuff. Besides she is a design-a-gizillion-kit- a-minute gal and there is absolutely no way I could ever keep up with her.

A few days later I got a pm from Scrapbook-Bytes asking if they could use a layout I did for Andrea Burn's team with a little friend of our family below:

Credits:- "Uptown Chic" kit by Andrea Burns- grunge edges from "Little Black Dress" by Jan Crowley- messy stitches by Katie Pertiet- doodles by Kim Liddiard

I was really excited because I just love this layout and the girl, Kinsey, is such a cutie even though her mother is a bit off mentally. But the father adores her and does all that he can to give her a "normal happy" life!

Sooooooo yesterday - I got an email from Legacy again and they asked for FOUR layouts!!!! Yes that is right FOUR!!! I am so in shock and actually started to cry.....even though I know it is corny. I never really cared about it - I just loved creating my pages but it was like somewhere someone acknowledged your creations in a HUGE freakin' way. Because all the layouts are from new designers, I have chosed not to put an "OUT FOR PUBLICATION" sign up since they need the exposure out there......but I will figure out something..... :). So here are the four layouts:

Credits:- "Funky Sweet" kit by Nikki Meador- stitches from "Little Black Dress" by Jan Crowely- word poetry from "Mango" by Traci Sims- lower case "a" from "Stamped Alphas" by Christine Smith- "attitude" with "Offset Alphas" by Kellie Mize (which I SO love)- brush strokes by Michelle Coleman- metal journal frame from "Memories No. 1" by Amber Clegg

To be continued because Blogger stinks!!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I am so thrilled for you, girl! You so deserve the success! :)