Saturday, August 19, 2006

I finally scrapped....

Whew....what a week! My boss is trying to hire an empire right now (ok a slight exaggeration but nice illustration!) and decided that before our HUGE meeting on Thursday to schedule interviews with ummm 25 people in 2 1/2 days! So it meant getting a panel of directors and management to come help her with the interviews and to find a place to have all the interviews. It was a nightmere but we finally found a great site but it meant I had to leave my house at 5:00 am to get there by 6:00 to help out. It was incredibly grueling because I was driving all over Southern California and then Wednesday we took off to Santa Barbara to host a meeting for 75 people. Of course since interviews went late on Wednesday, we got up to Santa Barbara after our social mixer started. The meeting went well as could be - some of the speakers partied the night before and well, their presentations slightly suffered. Sigh....sometimes it is funny how people are around alcohol! So after 23 hours of overtime and driving over 500 miles - I am home with my family and I am happy again.

Scrapping news - when I came home I had two emails asking for two of my layouts for publication......One was a kit by Lynn Grieveson (going to be published in Legacy Magazine) and the other was a kit by Robin Carlton (going to be published in Scraptrends Magazine in December). An interesting note - I have done about 3 layouts for Robin Carlton and 2 have been picked for publication.....thinking I she is my new lucky charm....oh and including Jan Crowley and Amber Clegg......usually have something of theirs on my layouts too!

I finally got a chance to scrap.....and feeling pretty good to be back doing what I love doing....


1 comment:

Michelle said...

My brother lives in Santa Barbara! :)
You are on a roll with getting published!!!! Congrats!