Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's Sunday already???


Man time is flying and I have so much to do but feeling a bit lazy....hate that. I was so excited about DD's sale and all day chats.....I knew I could get a lot done and knock out some of my ct layouts but.....guess the beautiful day was calling to me. So instead we took off to the pumpkin patch in Yucaipa! Wow what a wonderful HOT day it was....we played and picked pumpkins and let the girls just run wild all over the place! We got such great photos and I had to laugh because I could have stayed there all day just enjoying it. Unfortunately - Amy had a volleyball game in the afternoon so our fun was cut a little short.

So we drove two very tired girls to Amy's game......and well we didn't win but I got to see the moms I hadn't seen in awhile and had a great time just chatting.....and not really watching the game! Oops! Then Amy begged me to take her to a Halloween party that night and I just groaned - I knew I needed to get things done at home and even though Halloween is only a few days away - I have no costume for Amy! All the moms told David to unplug my computer and to kick me out so they could have some fun with me. Funny ladies they are!!! So we managed to stop at a store that still had costumes and picked up something for Amy - the gothic cheerleader!!! I have to admit I really liked how it came out. But of course Blogger won't cooperate so I could show you!

We got to the party and I have to admit I had a lot of fun catching up with the "moms" I had not seen over the summer - or actually in awhile. We laughed and just chatted about so many things and I really felt a sense of freedom from the "have-to's" in my life. Of course, that could have been the 2 glasses of wine I had mixed in with pizza, salad and some weird carmel apple Amy made and decided she didn't want!!! We both came home so exhausted and even though it wasn't too late, I opted to just go to bed instead of doing a quick layout.

So here I am - it's Sunday - no layouts done and I have tons of little errands I need to do and then I am going over to my friends to scrapbook. I know I won't get anything done since she wants me to show her how to use Elements.....and we both like to talk so.....we never get a whole lot done together! But it has been a long time since I have been to her house and Amy is really excited to play with her daughter.....so I am going to pretend I have no ct layouts to do and just go with it. Figure I can worry later right??? :) Right now I am enjoying just being out and about......

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel like I have been doing nothing but running here there and everywhere also lately! I was going to make cosutmes, but Ry changed his mind and when Matthew saw Ry's - now we need to go get another - LOL! Haven't gong to the Patch yet - hopefully on Thursday. I did stay up and do a layout last night though!
Have a great one, Darla!
Off to do my Get 'r done!

Anonymous said...

hey who said you could take a break!?!?! LMAO!! just kidding, girl! you take all the time you need to! this IS just a hooby, ya know ;) your lovely family comes first!! (((HUGS)))

Val said...

Well gosh, Darla! Sounds like you had a great day! Doesn't it feel good at the end of a day full of chatting and visiting and connecting with people? I always feel tired and 'talked out', but satisfied. I just HAVE to see a photo of this gothic cheerleader, lol!