Monday, December 04, 2006

Musings and Thoughts.....

Do you ever feel better when you just apologize and let it out? I think after I blogged this weekend I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Nothing was resolved but it was also not pent up inside. A lot had to do that things were changing so fast offline that I just had no energy to post anything. But once I did - I was able to complete 5 layouts this weekend - and layouts that I actually liked.

And I also got a chance to make up some layouts I didn't get done in November. Julie Howard had a call for guest ct's and I thought it would be fun to try since a month was not that big of a committment. So I was terribly excited when she said yes and I got my email at the end of October with all the details. I did a layout right away for her and then life got all bogged down and November ended and I didn't do another one. I was sooooo upset about it because one - she is really nice, two - designers need help and if you don't do a layout, you are not helping with the promotion of them and three - I always keep up my commitments and this time I didn't. I wanted to send an email but I felt like a heel and sometimes don't want people to think I am getting too big for myself that I can blow off assignments like this. So I was really happy that I got them done last night and sent her an email apologizing for my tardiness with copies of the layouts. I don't know what she will think about it, if at all, but I feel better because I did finish things as she had asked. Oh and I feel better now.....

Last weekend I was trying to find energy to do layouts (Thanksgiving weekend) and Trish Jones sent me a hello message to join her in a chat. She just installed a chatroom at her forum/store and wanted to try it out. Now I don't really know her that well except to say she is incredibly funny and crazy so I went to help out. So imagine being there with Trish and then some of her other friends that I recognize from the galleries and then in comes your idol - Jen Wilson!!! Wow I was just in awe being there......and she was talking to everyone when they asked about me. And then Jen said she knew who I was......dang that was a cool moment! I guess that is me being a little star struck....you know the digi kind....hehehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darla - just read your last post and thought it was funny to hear that you are star struck by Jen Wilson - because I go out to the Digichick to look at your layouts and your blog all the time - and I just saw your work at Designer Digitals as the artist of the month - I recognized the layouts as yours before I even read it. I really admire your work - keep it up! Kelley Mickus.