Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Year and New Blog

Ok it took me forever to figure out how to add a blog header but man do I love google! I can always find some person who posted how to fix something! I will probably need to go back and change this a tiny bit but not many people visit so I have time....hehehe... I spent much more time than I cared for to get this straightened out and of course this is taking up my scrapbooking time. I only have 2 more days left before I have to go to work and I am feeling the time slipping right by even though we will disregard that I have been on vacation for 2 weeks. :) But I have accomplished a lot:

1. Caught up to most of my ct layouts.

2. Learned how to delete Norton Systemworks from my computer, repair the registry to delete tiny things Norton left and install a great new antivirus program - AVG - and didn't have to restore my entire hard drive!

3. Updated my blog and started back up in blogging at TDC.

4. Did most of my laundry - not all but most which is an accomplishment in itself.
5. Created and printed a calendar for 2007.

6. Commented, commented and commented in all the various galleries I play at......

7. Ordered a Princess Purse and will start designing my inserts for it!
8. Taught Amy how to use Photoshop Elements and she created her first layout using one of Rachael G's cool templates here:
Pretty proud of her and I think she is going to have a knack for this.....she is already busy creating her own papers and little touches! But then Hayley gets mad cuz she wants her to play barbies and well, Amy has to go. Poor kid!

And here are some of the layouts I have created over the vacation:


I saw this kit and just had to do something funky with it and well this photo seemed to fit it quite nicely!! A bit different for me but fun! :)

Credits:- "All Star" papers and elements by Ashley Olson- "2" alpha (re-colored) and stitches from "Messy Sampler" by Ashley Olson- heart doodles by Ashley Olson- flower string and pinned ribbon by Natalie Braxton- painted edges from "Invigorate" elements by Trish Jones- graffiti spray by Dani B- cardboard and leather heart (re-colored) by Amber Clegg- "my girl" tag from "Winter Tags" by Heather Roselli (modified)- torn edges by Anna Aspnes- scotch tape by Jen Wilson- shadows by Traci Murphy.

My beautiful dd, Amy.....

Credits:- papers and metal photo frames from "Fair Game" kit by Jan Crowley- striped paper, buttons, felt stamp (re-colored), corner stamp (re-colored), dotted stamp and stitches from "Buchanan" kit by Jan Crowley- crocheted flower swirls and flower (re-colored) from "Junk Drawer" kit by Jan Crowley- brooch from "Bombshell" kit by Jan Crowley- mini-alphas from "Havanna" kit by Jan Crowley- twine fastener and pinned ribbon by Natalie Braxton- embroidered flower (re-colored) and lace by Amy Martin- leather heart from "The Gazebo" elements by Amber Clegg- tied twine by Trish Jones- journal strip from "Meaning 1 accessories" by Jen Wilson- negative frame from "Just Plane Cute" kit by Laura Deacetis- curled edges by Anna Aspnes- clock hands by Katie Pertiet


These are my girls.....
Credits:- "Winterglow" papers and elements by Amy Wolff at The Lilypad today- frame by Gina Miller- stitches from "Junk Drawer" elements, alphas from "Havanna" freebie and grunge edges by Jan Crowley- bunched up ribbon, decorative ribbon and bead by Amy Martin- leather heart (re-colored) from "The Gazebo" elements by Amber Clegg- metal clip by Katie Pertiet- heart by Peppermintcreative- string by Trish Jones- tiny red flowers by Mindy Terasawa- shadows by Traci Murphy

Hayley has been sick all this week but I am guessing she might be feeling a bit better!

Credits:- "Fresh Delights" paper and elements by Eve Recinella- circle and square brads by Amanda Rockwell- binder clip by Robin Carlton (re-colored)- notebook paper by Jan Crowley- edges by Linda GB- journal strip by Jen Wilson- flower by Fee Jardine- heart doodle by Ashley Olson- stamped alphas by Michelle Coleman

I did a few more but these were the last ones I did that just made me smile! It was a good time....now back to work! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great, Darla!!!
WTG, getting caught up on CT stuff - I'm so not there!!!
Let me know how you like the P. Purse - I'm tempted...
Awesome layouts - love the one of Amy... and Amy's layout! Teehee!
Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pages are totally AMAZING!!! I LOVE your work!

I can't get over your girls, they are just beautiful in everypicture!

:) Love the new blog header!