Sunday, February 11, 2007

Finally a new post......

LOL life just gets so crazy that I just can't get to this dang thing except the Sweet Shoppe has a cookie quiz that I just had to take and find out what I am.....here are my results:

You Are an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

On the surface, you're a little plain - but you have many subtle dimensions to your personality.
Sometimes you're down to earth and crunchy. Other times, you're sweet and a little gooey.


Hmmm, plain??? Well I guess I can live with that and well I do like Oatmeal Raisin Cookies....sooo...must be me!

What's new? Hmmm, let's see??? I bought a new laptop yesterday that is being shipped to me and I am scared that it won't be what I want. I have one now that I bought on impulse and I hate the colors on it....and rarely use it except to do my commenting late at night. Amy and David like to use it but they are internet junkies so it's perfect for them. If the laptop works, then it will help me be portable but not sure what I will do with my desktop.....we will have to see how this works out.

Comments - I started this new thing in December where I would spend the last hour of my day commenting in the galleries I post at. I return my comments and then go to the home pages and just comment on all the ones on the page. Now it's been kind of fun to see new pages and people I had never seen and I feel good when I can do it. And the unexpected results? I am getting a lot of nice comments back.....and making new digi friends out there...

I spent a better part of my day attending the chats at Designer Digitals and had a blast. Didn't win anything but DID spend tons of money in the store!!! I am on the fence if I am going to get any idea books there too because I really love the DW 2007 Calendar I picked up a few weeks back. That thing is filled with ideas and I honestly thought it would just sit there on my table not being used. DD is having a contest each month for the best layout that uses one of the tips there and one lucky girl will get a change to create a layout for the 2008 calendar. I did already 3 this month so far:

This one I did for Charlene V at TDC of her little girl, Jasmine and used the suggestion from Feb 9th to "use the centers of punch-out letters to make coordinating page elements." I used the "s" and duplicated it a few times to create the orange swirl flower element underneath "love you"....now who would have thought an "s" could be a flower???

This is the Feb 8th prompt to "document your child's resolution for the new year." Amy is generally a homebody and not one to join in group activities especially sports. But this year she decided she would try it out and whatever happens she would also remember to just have fun!!! These are her best friends on the basketball team....before the game...being silly!

This is inspired by the DW prompt on Feb. 12th to "capture everyday moments" and this is Hayley when she was younger and loved to play in my scrapbook area......miss those moments with her.

I would say pick up the calendar but Katie said during one of the DD chats that it was all sold out and out of print......so make sure you pick it up for 2008. It really is filled with lots of inspiration and fun!

Ok I have to go do some layouts but wanted to at least post something on this for February! :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Darla....time to update your blog..... :)

Nikki said...

It's time for an update, Darla!! :D

You've been tagged!
http://thescrappychick.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Update your blog...updated your blog...update your blog...update your blog...

Anonymous said...

heyy im just wondering where did u get ur fonts from?