Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ugh....I hate when I get behind!!!

Ok I know I have been trying to blog but it just seems that time slips away and well....I just don't get to it. But now that DST's gallery is down I feel a bit like I have some extra time......of course I could be doing layouts but kind of tired right now. I did go shopping today and bought a few goodies and will call it my "pre-birthday" gifts....hehehe....this is what I got today:

From Sausan Designs at www.scrapbookgrapics.com, I purchased these items I just couldn't resist:




From Terry Maruca, I got these cute little doodle/text paths actions thingys that you can use in Photoshop Elements (after I found out she was having a sale on these at Scrapbook-elements...grrr):



And of course, I had to snag up the new items released by Natalie Braxton at www.the-lilypad.com and smile at my layout on their store site :):


and of course, I needed a few little goodies from Designer Digitals.....even though I know tomorrow they release their new stuff:




The last item is by Anna Aspnes who I absolutely adore!!!! I have the papers and just noticed today that there was elements to match.....so couldn't pass that up. I created a layout today with the items for DD's guest ct contest they have going in January. I honestly don't know if I will make it but I have been having so much fun using my DD stash!!! Here is the layout I did today:

I was kind of excited to see this photo of Amy because I decided to shoot the entire game in RAW mode. I was definitely worried but so far they are coming out very nicely. I need to learn a little more about taking action shots so they don't come out so blurry but I did ok.

Oh and guess what? I won Gina Miller's contest with my "2006 in Review" layout I did below! I was soooo excited because in all honesty I rarely do layouts like this.....probably should do it more but I don't. So this template was a great "kick" to try it and well I loved the end result and was happy to be selected with the other 7 girls! So I have a nice $15.00 gc to use but I am waiting for January 31st when Gina has all her new goodies up!!!
And while I was (along with a gizillion others) was waiting for DST's gallery to come up, I had to smile when I saw this thread here and kind of get all soft inside to see this.....who says you can't have true friends online???? I know that I am very blessed to have some of the greatest ones out there......and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world......

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope that you have a super, duper awesome birhtday, my friend!!!!
You rock, girlie!!! I loved your Gina layout and your DD one is spectacular!!! And yes, of course you have a great shot at it! :)
Woot on the RAW! Now that I have my HD stuff done, that's my next feat is to shoot more in RAW and figure it out!
Have one awesome day, Darla!!! :)

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

As a dutiful Darla follower, you know I must purchase most of these items for myself now, right? :)

Love your work, girl! Have fun in RAW... I have not dabbled in it yet! Maybe you have given me the push I need. Thanks!